Association of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine of Ukraine were established in May, 2007. It was legally registered at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine (certificate No. 2836) as public not-for-profit organization uniting Ukrainian specialists in the field of laboratory medicine (physicians, biologists, laboratory technicians, pathologists, haematologists, biochemists, cytologists, histologists, immunologists, toxicologists, microbiologists, etc.), of blood service laboratory diagnostics, of sanitary and epidemiological service, and of forensic and radiation medicine on the basis of common professional interests. Among members of 24 regional Association centres headed by chief regional specialists and by leading experts in the field of laboratory diagnostics, there are more then 1500 heads and managerial staff of clinical diagnostic and R&D laboratories including those of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, and also practitioners, researchers, professors, and specialists in the field of development, production, and standardization of equipment, reagents, and diagnostic kits. The main tasks of ACCLMU are as follows:
- Consolidation of citizens for development of theory and practice of clinical chemistry (biochemistry) and laboratory medicine, development of international cooperation in this area;
- Satisfaction and protection of legislative, social, professional, economic, creative, age, national, cultural and other common interests of members of the Association;
- Introduction of measurements quality assurance system in Ukrainian clinicodiagnostic laboratories, irrespective of its ownership, according to international standards (ISO15189, ISO15190, ISO15193, etc.);
- Together with the state authorities, creation of medical laboratories accreditation system which meets international standards (ISO/IEC17000, ISO/IEC17011, ISO/IEC17020, ISO/IEC17021, etc.);
- Promotion of state and public value of specialists in the field of clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine, assistance in increase of prestige of this profession, improvement of level and quality of medical services available to all the Ukrainians.
We invite all the interested to cooperation!
Association of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine of Ukraine
PO Box 136, Kyiv 04071, Ukraine